Saturday, September 20, 2008

Find your face


We were driving home from somewhere, and a song I had never heard came onto the radio. I rarely pay attention to the words (a huge flaw in my makeup), but these words caught me deep in thought. The song had a catchy melody, then I heard these words, "find your face in the history of His grace." I have seen my face in the shining, radiant history of His grace on more than one occasion. Those occasions are fairly numerous, and oftentimes private. I find His graciousness to be shed in my life in those instances when I find myself to be too proud for my own good. I have been learning through His example to extend this same manner of grace to others. It is a slow process for me. The longer I work with people, taking care of them, seeing how their lifestyles and life choices affect their long term outcomes, I am humbled and saddened by the fallenness of our flawed bodies and souls. There have been many opportunities offered me to educate the people I take care of on diet and exercise. I know that in those opportunities, it is my responibility to extend grace to those who are living with the consequences of poor decisions, both physically and socially. I can see my face among the the people I care for, for I have found my face in the history of His grace.

1 comment:

Angela said...

amazing insight into your work. It is true that it is so difficult to extend grace to others when God Himself has given so much grace to us. Thanks for sharing that. It is beautiful!