">
"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.
T'was Grace that taught...
my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear...
the hour I first believed.
Through many dangers, toils and snares...
we have already come.
T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far...
and Grace will lead us home.
The Lord has promised good to me...
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be...
as long as life endures.
Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
and mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
a life of joy and peace.
When we've been here ten thousand years...
bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise...
then when we've first begun.
"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.
I love this song, I love it even more sung by Judy Collins. I acquired at a young age, a cassette tape of Judy Collins, complete with "Send in the Clowns", and "Amazing Grace". I would stop, start my recorder listening carefully to each verse and word, writing them down, and then memorizing them so I could sing along with Judy. My real life opportunity came to sit front and center at a Judy Collins concert, and what song did she close her concert with....you guessed it "Amazing Grace." I sat memorized, as did the whole room. People mouthed the verses along with her, tears filling the audience regardless of beliefs or lives lived. I have come to realize what a bridge this song is, it reaches people everywhere. It is the most frequent song at funerals, Sunday to Sunday, the lyrics are brought forth in churches. I have tested my theory while bathing older confused patients. I have noticed if I start humming this melody, and then break out into verse, they will most often join in, connecting with the familiar tune. I have bridged the age, and life gap. Thank goodness for that beloved cassette tape, and learning the most popular song, what a difference it has made in my life and others.
3 comments:
I love the song, "Amazing Grace". I have listened to 13 different singers including Judy Collins. An amazing song!
very beautiful song
i like the blog too
:)
Fantastic work full of creativity. Congratulations. Continue your path!
Post a Comment