Monday, September 12, 2011

Fascinated, and saddened

The Sovereignty of God is the biblical teaching that all things are under God's rule and control, and that nothing happens without His direction or permission. It is a mysterious, wonderful quality.  This weekend, the 10th anniversary of 9/11/01, was a time of remembrance for me.  I sat glued in the evenings, watching every special I could about the tragedy that unfolded on television.  I listened to endless testimonies by loved ones, and friends.  The History channel, ran a program dedicated to the phone messages that were left, heartbreaking is the only word I can find to describe what I heard.  I didn't hear many messages left with regards to seeing loved ones again in the next life, and this saddened me more.  I want to leave that hope when I die, that I will see my friends and family again.  I have spent much time in reflection, about how God chooses us, you and me to carry out His plan.  I came across this video on Facebook yesterday.  It demonstrates to me what Psalm 90:12 says, "Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." 

7 comments:

Lucas Kain said...

Yes, well, you see, if everything was in his control... would that happen?

___
International calls

Hols said...

Hey friend. I hope everything is ok with you. I was glad to see you had posted. I miss you. Hope all is well with your soul.

LaBalamuc said...

yes..very fascinated.. ;)

Brandie said...

apparently God led me to your blog today which was strange as I don't just turn my sound on for every blog and then when this song Give me Jesus started playing my 3 year old started singing :)

BLAZER PROPHET said...

I do not know if you are still writing your blog, but I have spent the last hour or so reading it.

You are a very sensitive observer of life and I have greatly appreciated you sharing yourself with it.

Peace & Grace to you.

Hoops said...

Enjoyed the post. To Jimmy I would say that just because something happens or doesn't happen doesn't take away from God's sovereignty. Who are we to question our Creator and His actions? Can the pot question the potter as to why it has been made in such a way? It's human nature to ask, but impossible to understand sometimes. It can be trying, confusing, and even painful, but being in control means that He does as He pleases, and according to His word, He gets the glory for it all. It's just a matter of finding what He wants to teach us and then learning from these seemingly out-of-control situations. Jeremiah 29:11 and 13.

Anonymous said...

Great! really enjoyed this post.
buy wow account